Experienced people - strong process - quality outcomes
Combining Frontline’s core competencies, experienced staff and our ability to tailor industry best practice to fit each client’s particular circumstances, Frontline Services has defined a set of solutions that meet the challenges faced by ITC departments in delivering services to their organisations expectations. Our drive to deeply understand our client’s business and deliver targeted, innovative solutions has also resulted in Frontline initiating a product development aimed at meeting an important social, economic and industry need. Intelicare is an example of Frontline is developing smart solutions to solve complex problems.
For most mid-sized organisations, minor business projects with an ICT component or projects run within an ICT department are often delivered by the ICT team with a part time project manager assigned as part of other duties.
For larger more complex project’s or those with high levels of business risk a dedicated project manager may be assigned or the role outsourced to an ICT service provider.
If ICT projects are not an ongoing or regular part of your business it’s probable that there are no overarching processes or standards by which to manage them and ensure a successful outcome. If this is the case, you may well have one or more stories of expensive, late or unsuccessful IT projects.
These outcomes unfairly impact the reputation of the ICT function and limit the businesses ability to derive value out of ICT investments.
Frontline Services is able to assist with the creation or enhancement of your Project Management Office (PMO), providing you with practical processes, procedures and standards that support effective delivery and sustainability of project outcomes beyond the execution of the project itself.
Frontline is able to leverage our library of programme and project management tools and processes to provide your company with a standardised way of:
- Reviewing opportunities to validate if they can become successful projects;
- Establishing projects to ensure they meet the requirement of all stakeholders;
- Monitoring project performance;
- Governing projects so they can be evaluated and guided as situation’s evolve;
- Defining and documenting projects to ensure quality outcomes;
- Managing projects to defined criteria of cost, quality and timeliness; and
- Monitoring and governing a portfolio of projects to ensure ICT investments are managed holistically.
One of the key pitfalls for organisations is to have a misalignment between the level of governance and control over project selection and execution. Too high and the overheads make deriving business value for smaller projects impossible, too low and projects suffer from cost, quality or timeframe perspectives (often all three).
Frontline Services can enhance your project delivery performance through a number of key contributions:
- Fully templated and standardised Project and Solution Delivery processes. We have tailorable and scalable templates that guide junior and experienced project managers and ICT specialist’s through a full ICT project lifecycle.
- A library of generic standards to augment your organisations existing quality management capability. These include security standards, operational standards, ICT infrastructure standards etc.
- Product Assessment, selection and procurement templates that can be tailored to specific system implementation projects.
- Tools that can be used to view, manage and control both projects, programs and portfolios so management can maintain a clear view of the KPI’s across the suit of business change activities.
- Frontline Services has in-depth experience across multiple project delivery methodologies including Prince 2, Agile (Lean) and DevOps. Our team are highly certified and can guide, assist and support you through the development of your organisations project delivery capability.
When applying Frontline’s methodology to ICT projects:
- Business stakeholders will be engaged and informed;
- Project Sponsors will have visibility and control;
- Project Managers with have clarity and authority;
- Project teams will have goals and clear deliverables; and
- Business users will experience a smooth transition with support.
If your organisation has suffered though the experience of a poorly managed or executed ICT project, then contact us to chat about how your next IT project experience can be made exceptional.